We treat any information that you give us confidentially, and with the utmost respect.
www.ukhomeinteriors.co.uk (our website) is provided by UK Home Interiors Limited (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’). We are the controller of personal data obtained via our website, meaning we are the organisation legally responsible for deciding how and for what purposes it is used.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are subject to the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
Given the nature of our website, we do not expect to collect the personal data of anyone under 18 years old. If you are aware that any personal data of anyone under 18 years old has been shared with our website please let us know so that we can delete that data.
- What this policy applies to
- Personal data we collect about you
- How your personal data is collected
- How and why we use your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- How long your personal data will be kept
- Transferring your personal data out of the UK
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal data secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
What this policy applies to:
Personal data we collect about you:
The personal data we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. We will collect and use the following personal data about you:
- your name, address and contact information, including email address and telephone number and company details
- any delivery addresses specified for your order
- information to check and verify your identity, eg date of birth
- your billing information, transaction and payment card or other payment method information
- bank account and payment details
- details of any information, feedback or other matters you give to us by phone, email, post or via social media
- your account details, such as username and login details
- your activities on, and use of, our website
- your contact history, purchase history and saved items
If you do not provide personal data we ask for where it is necessary to process your order or payment, it will delay and/or prevent us from providing products to you.
We collect and use this personal data for the purposes described in the section ‘How and why we use your personal data’ below.
How your personal data is collected:
We collect personal data from you:
- directly, when you enter or send us information, such as when you register with us, contact us (including via email), send us feedback, purchase products via our website and post material to our website, and
- indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website; we will usually collect information indirectly using the technologies explain in the section on ‘Cookies’ below
How long your personal data will be kept:
We will not keep your personal data for longer than we need it for the purpose for which it is used.
If you stop using your account we will delete or anonymise your account data after ten years.
You generally have the following rights, which you can usually exercise free of charge:
|Access to a copy of your personal data||The right to be provided with a copy of your personal data
|Correction (also known as rectification)||The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data
|Erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten)||The right to require us to delete your personal data—in certain situations|
|Restriction of use||The right to require us to restrict use of your personal data in certain circumstances, eg if you contest the accuracy of the data
|Data portability||The right to receive the personal data you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
|To object to use||The right to object:
—at any time to your personal data being used for direct marketing (including profiling)
—in certain other situations to our continued use of your personal data, eg where we use your personal data for our legitimate interests unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing to continue or the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
|Not to be subject to decisions without human involvement||The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
We do not make any such decisions based on data collected by our website
|The right to withdraw consents||If you have provided us with a consent to use your personal data you have a right to withdraw that consent easily at any time
You may withdraw consents by informing us of your decision in writing via email or post.
Withdrawing a consent will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal data in reliance on that consent before it was withdrawn
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they do and do not apply, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below). You may also find it helpful to refer to the guidance from the UK’s Information Commissioner on your rights under the UK GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email or write to us—see below: ‘How to contact us’. When contacting us please:
- provide enough information to identify yourself (eg your full name, address and customer or order reference number) and any additional identity information we may reasonably request from you, and
- let us know which right(s) you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal data secure:
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine need to access it.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain:
Please contact us if you have any queries or concerns about our use of your personal data (see below ‘How to contact us’). We hope we will be able to resolve any issues you may have.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner in the UK
The UK’s Information Commissioner may be contacted using the details at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or by telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us:
Our contact details are shown below:
|Our contact details|
|Address: Unit 1, Showground Road, Bridgwater, TA6 6AJ
Contact number: 01823 774400
Policy version: 2022