Ordering & Delivery
You can place your order in any one of three ways:
– online on this website
– over the phone by calling 0121 449 8525 – lines are open Monday to Friday (except bank holidays) and from 9am to 5pm
– by post to: ukhomeinteriors Limited, 27 Woodbridge Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 0DA
We accept payment by MasterCard or Visa credit or debit cards, by bank transfer, or by cheque (although please note that cheque payments must be cleared into our account before we will release goods, which will delay despatch). Sorry, but we do not currently accept American Express or have Paypal, although we do review this from time to time (if this is a problem for you, please do let us know as your comments will go into our next review).
Please note that you should not send any credit or debit card details via email or post, as these methods are not secure.
You will receive an order confirmation immediately if you order online. The is generated automatically by Sagepay and sent to the email address you provided on your order. If you cannot see it, firstly check your spam folder. If you still cannot find it give us a call and we’ll email one over to you from the office. These confirmations are not VAT invoices, so if you need one of those, again please call us.
If you order by phone or post we will email an order confirmation (or VAT invoice if required) over to you on that same working day. If you would rather receive this by post, please just let us know and we’ll post one out to you.
Stopping Internet Fraud
We have, in the past, had orders placed online fraudulently. When this happens the fraudster uses stolen card details. In order to process the transaction they must input the correct billing address, otherwise the transaction would not go through. Obviously, they don’t then want the goods delivered to that address, so they enter a separate delivery address.
When we see this kind of online order, especially on larger orders, we will make further enquiries and frequently post something to the billing address to check that the order is genuine.
If you are concerned that these checks may delay your delivery, please call us.
– You will find delivery timescales for each product on their range page.
– For most products these are 1 to 3 working days.
– A few products are ordered in to your order and can take around 2 weeks. These are identified as such on their range pages.
– Any antique wood effect products, like beams, are made and hand finished to order, so please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.
– If you would like us to delay a despatch, please let us know as soon as you place your order, as we tend to despatch quickly.
– If we are out of stock, or have any other reason why delivery might be delayed, we will contact you to discuss your option.
Please note: We are in the hands of national carriers to get the goods to you on time. There are occasions where they experience high demand, have technical issues, or just get it a bit wrong, which can lead to delay. It doesn’t happen very often, but if your project is time critical, it can help to order goods a little in advance to allow for any such issue.
We pass over most (generally not all) of the costs that the carriers charge us. To see what carriage costs are applicable add the product of interest to a cart and you will see it displayed.
Additional Charges / Geographical Charges:
For many products (except antique wood effect) a surcharge will apply to Highlands, islands, Northern Ireland and overseas. This is not always the case though, and we can point you towards options that don’t incur a surcharge if you call us.
We can’t stop an order being placed online from surcharge areas due to the technical difficulties involved, and this information is sometimes missed by customers. If you do place an order online in error from a surcharge area, we will call you. You can either make the additional payment, or cancel your order and receive a full refund.
For the antique wood effect ranges, like beams and planks, surcharges apply for products that are more than 4.8m long. They also apply to the following postcodes: AB, DD, IV, KW, PA, PH, BA, BH, BR, BS, BT, CT, DA, EX, GU, LD, LL, ME, NR, PL, PO, RH, RG, SA, SN, SO, SP, SY, TA, TN, TQ & TR. Please call for a quote.
On The Day Of Delivery:
– We can only deliver on weekdays.
– Most products are delivered on a standard delivery, which can arrive at any time between 8am and 6pm.
– Where we receive a tracking link from a carrier we will forward this to you. You can then check on your consignment’s progress.
– The carrier will require proof of delivery i.e. a signature. If you are not going to be in, most drivers (although it is at their discretion) will accept a signed note with your written instructions of where to leave the goods.
– If you miss your delivery, the carrier will generally try again on the next working day. A card should also be left so that you can contact them to re-arrange should you wish to.
– If this second delivery attempt is also missed usually goods go back to the local depot where they will stay for a few days to await your instructions. If they still hear nothing from you, they will be returned to us.
– We are here to help. If you need to, please do call us.
Checking Your Order:
– Your signature on delivery is your approval of having received the number of packages specified, and in good order. Please always check that you only sign for the number of packages that you receive, and that the packaging is in good order (we know that drivers will not let you check the contents while they wait). If the packaging looks damaged, please sign as damaged.
– Once the driver has left, please then check the contents. We do not experience damages often, but it does happen. If you have any damaged goods we will replace them free of charge, but you must report the damages within 1 working day of receipt. We will also ask for a photograph of the damage so that we can gain compensation from the carrier. We apologise, but damage reported after this period cannot be replaced at no cost.